Thursday 24 December 2015

10 things I would tell my daughter!

1. You are neither, and never will be, a black queen or a princess but you are my world
2. Never did I not want to be your dad
3. Your worth is not tied up in your beauty but in your character - invest in developing what counts
4. Your mother did not carry you for 9 months just so you can turn out to be an object of men's lust
5. Men and women cannot be friends, respect the differences between males and females
6. The best gift you can give your husband is saving yourself for him
7. Do not accept gifts from men you are not related to; men never do something for nothing
8. Develop your mind, work hard but do not let your achievements fill you with self-conceit i.e. don't ever think you don't need a man
9. Always come to me to talk through life, I exist to be here for you
10. You are a black girl and will one day be a black woman, never feel less than anyone. Your skin and hair are beautiful the way they were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment